Massage therapy is great for your muscles, but that’s not all that it is good for! We love to share some of the other amazing ways that you can benefit from massage therapy with our patients so they can start to take advantage of this service as soon as possible. Learn more about the benefits of massage therapy in our East Stroudsburg chiropractic clinic today.
Surprising Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Lowers your blood pressure.
- Lowers cortisol, the “stress hormone”.
- Increases levels of serotonin and dopamine, hormones that make us feel happy.
- Lowers stress and anxiety levels.
- Helps you get a better night’s sleep.
- Boosts your immune system response.
- Improves circulation throughout the body.
- Decreases the amount of time needed to recover from injuries.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion for the joints.
In addition, many people find that massage therapy can help them with chronic pain issues such as migraines, backaches, and fibromyalgia. Because of the benefits, many patients are able to cut back on prescription medications, as well, though this should be done under the guidance of your doctor.
Experience These Benefits at Any Age
Massage therapy is a great treatment for almost any age, too. It can help alleviate the stress of adolescence, the aches and pains of middle age, and keep joints healthy and flexible into your senior years. If you are interested in learning more about how massage therapy can benefit you, call us or make an appointment through our website. We’d love to get you started on a massage therapy regimen that can help you feel your best!