Are you expecting a baby in the near future, or thinking about getting pregnant this year? There are dozens of ways that doctors recommend taking care of your overall health and wellness during pregnancy.
Each of these suggestions, like taking prenatal vitamins, eating plenty of fiber, and always staying hydrated is aimed at keeping both mother and baby in prime health…after all, bringing a new human into this world is stressful for both of them!
However, one healthy pregnancy tip of which you may not be aware is the need to see your East Stroudsburg chiropractor on a regular basis.
If you’ve been coming to Marshall’s Creek Chiropractic on a regular basis, getting pregnant isn’t a reason to stop your visits. In fact, you may want to increase their frequency! Keep reading to learn more about an experienced chiropractor can help to maintain optimal skeletal and nerve health during your pregnancy, ensuring that all goes smoothly on your due date.
Is Chiropractic Care During Pregnancy Safe?
Many mothers and fathers-to-be worry that seeing a chiropractor might be risky for their unborn child. After all, seeing a chiropractor involves lying stomach-down on a table and getting your bones twisted in all directions, right? Well, not exactly.
“There are no known contraindications to chiropractic care throughout pregnancy. All chiropractors are trained to work with women who are pregnant. Investing in the fertility and pregnancy wellness of women who are pregnant or trying to conceive is a routine care for most chiropractors,” explains The American Pregnancy Association.
The best way to ensure that chiropractic care poses no threat to your pregnancy is to choose an East Stroudsburg doctor who is well educated in dealing with the special needs of an expecting mother.
Look For/Ask About These Certifications:
- DACCP – Diplomate with ICPA reflecting highest level of advanced training
- CACCP – Certified with the ICPA reflecting advanced training
- Member of ICPA reflecting special interest
- Webster Certified – trained to work specifically with pelvic balance in pregnancy
Why See A Chiropractor In East Stroudsburg When You’re Pregnant?
Pregnancy is hard on a woman’s body. The following aspects of pregnancy have been known to result in misalignment of the spine and/or major joints:
- Protruding abdomen and increased back curve
- Pelvic changes
- Postural adaptations
A chiropractor can help to realign the spine and joints during the course of your pregnancy, establishing pelvic balance that can actually make labor and delivery less complicated!
Benefits Of Seeing A Chiropractor During Pregnancy
- Shorter Labor Time – If you’ve already had a child once before, you know how amazing this benefit is. Vaginal delivery is largely dependent on the positioning of the mother’s pelvis in relationship to the baby. “First time moms who received regular chiropractic care experienced on average, a 25% shorter labor time. As for seasoned moms who received chiropractic care; labor time was on average, 31% shorter,” reports True Health CT.
- Enhance Fetal Positioning – Chiropractors who are certified in the Webster Technique are able to help correct structural shifts in the sacrum, meaning that they can balance the pelvis. This helps to eliminate muscle tension, allowing the fetus to assume the best position for entry into this world.
- Less Painful Labor – First time mothers especially are always afraid of how painful the experience is going to be. With the help of your East Stroudsburg chiropractor, however, you can look forward to much less pain. “In a hospital study that incorporated chiropractic adjustments during the patient’s pregnancy, the results indicated that there was a 50% decrease in the need for painkillers during delivery, attributable to pre-delivery adjustments,” explains True Health CT.
- Better Chance Of Natural Birth – This is the obvious result of reduced pain. When your pelvis, muscles, and ligaments are all relaxed and properly positioned, you won’t need to take painkillers, which means you can bring your baby into this world in a completely natural way.
- Faster Recovery After Delivery – No matter how or where the baby is delivered, one thing is true–your pelvic biomechanics will change after your child is here. Sometimes, these shifts in pelvic alignment can be quite uncomfortable, making it difficult to walk, nurse, or sleep. With chiropractic treatment before and after your pregnancy, you’ll feel like your old self again much faster.
Want to learn more about the benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy? Contact Marshalls Creek Chiropractic in East Stroudsburg today!